Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

От teunis
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > non-glibc users), GLIBC-2 is the standard for Unix98+.  (I still don't see
> > why postgres doesn't support it... though I haven't gotten around to
> > writing a patch (or looking recently)...).
>
> *sigh* Postgres runs just fine on a bug-free version of glibc2. We've heard
> rumors that 2.0.7-pre1 from Debian is close enough, but I can't duplicate that
> on my RH5.0 production box with Cristian's RH glibc2-2.0.7 package.

Then consider that the minimum supported and ignore it... *grin*
Solution found! :)
[GNU takes very long time to fix things toujours]

G'day, eh? :)
    - Teunis

(PS: Linux's kernel networking layer has been extensively rewritten over
the last year and a half.. and is (afaik) considerably faster... at least
in the 2.1 kernels... though IIRC it was rewritten also in the 1.3
kernels...  The NFS probs were solved in 2.1 a while ago though)