Re: locking

От Jan Vicherek
Тема Re: locking
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: locking  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
  *Any* answers would be appreciated :

 I'll rephrase the original questions :

pg doesn't have "row-level locking" but has "table locking".
a result from a SELECT * FROM TESTTABLE; is a table.
I lock the table (which is result of a SELECT).

 Q : will this locking prevent update of the rows in TESTTABLE that have
been SELECTed ?

     Thanx,

          Jan

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Jan Vicherek wrote:

>    I'm trying to figgure out how does the locking work.
>
>   If I get a ``Result Table'' from a select with, say, only one row which
> comes from only one ``Schema Table'', and I lock the ``Result Table'',
> will it not prevent updates of the row in ``Schema Table'' that appeared
> in the ``Result Table'' ?

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza@ied.com