non-SQL C interface ? (fwd)

От Jan Vicherek
Тема non-SQL C interface ? (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

  Hi,

 I  got no answer from pgsql-questions   list.

  basically I'm using only one table at a time, and I need only a few
simple operations on tuples (find,  add, updates, delete).

  -- after a  quick look at all `cd src;  find .  -name '*.h'` I didn't
find any such similar interface.

 Can sombody advise me how could I get this simple interface ?

 I'm fluent in C/C++.

       Thanx,

             Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
    >>>    Free Software Union President  ...  www.fslu.org    <<<
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza@ied.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:03:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Jan Vicherek <honza@ied.com>
To: pgsql-questions@postgresql.org
Subject: non-SQL C interface ?

  If I would like to access the database through a C interface using a few
simple database operations, like
open db
select fields to work with
select index to use
select a record
update a record
add  a record
delete a record
lock a table against updates, unlock

 and that's it. (Taken from Informinx 3.3, "ALL-II" C interface.)

 We are looking into porting an app written for this Informix interface
into Postgres, and I would wrinte a library simulating these calls.

  Is there a set of calls seomwhere inside of PGSQL that I could use in my
simulation library to utilize ?