Re: changing datestyle

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: changing datestyle
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Bryan White wrote:

> > I did a rebuild, after editing ./src/backend/utils/init/globals.c
> > to say:       int           DateStyle = USE_POSTGRES_DATES;
> >
> > It wasn't too tough to shutdown the server, do a make/make install
> > and restart but your solution is definitely more elegant.
> > I am going to hack my apache conf files on the other machines here
> > running pg7.
>
> I did the same thing (changed globals.c).  It seems more elegant because
> only one place had to change to affect the entire system across multiple
> servers, environments and programming languages.

Maybe...then again I have to hack my apache conf files to setup database
access and /etc/profile to setup Pg env vars for DBI/DBD anyway.
Adding PGDATESTYLE to my conf TODO list is painless.  In fact, I use
small patches that I read in via vi...being not overly fond of typing.

I suppose it is personal preference, eh?  After all:  TMTOWTDI.  ;-)

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056