Re: C function and NULL result

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: C function and NULL result
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:58:50AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> Does elog(ERROR) stops the query? Now my functions return zero values for

 Yes, elog(ERROR) stops the query and inside transaction aborting it,
the elog(ERROR) jump out of your function to defined place (longjmp(3))
and backend wait for next query (if is not defined some other save stack).

The elog(FATAL) stops (abort) backend.

                    Karel

By the way (and a little OT), has anyone experience with using non-local
goto in multi-thread programs? I hope that here is not a problem :-)