Re: pg_dump, libdump, dump API, & backend again

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: pg_dump, libdump, dump API, & backend again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Philip Warner wrote:

> 3. My current plan/idea/suggestion is to implement an API that, given an
> object type (eg. 'table'), will return the most basic definition for the
> object and a list of related objects. This API could be used by both psql
> and pg_dump to create SQL for display & backup purposes.
It's sounds good for me. If your API will good it is usable for more
programs than for psql and pg_dump. And a "C" API is included-able to
more langs (Python, PHP..)
A question is, what will returns from this API, full SQL statements in
strings only or some structs too? If will here some common mechanism how
obtain definition for tables (etc.) not is a problem start development
on advanced client programs like Oracle Designer or make programs for
SQL DB to XML conversion and DB schema visualization (for example in the
nice program dia)... (don't care I know pgaccess).
IMHO all OpenSource SQL are behind in clients part.
                    Karel

От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: TODO updates
От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: Vacuum only with 20% old tuples