Re: Distribution making

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Distribution making
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Is this something that can be 'extended' to do the RPM also? :)
Into standard *source* tree? I was long time glad of PG's devevelopment,
that create dateless and OS independent source.
Well, we will have support for RPM, do you want support for Debian too?
If yes, do you accept /Debian directory in top source tree?
Do you accept different directory philosophy for several dists.?

...etc.
IMHO to *source* tree belong to matter for binary making only. A
distribution must be out of source.
                                       Karel

PS. is it this equation right: "OS = Linux = RH"? I hope that not.