RE: [HACKERS] Cache query (PREPARE/EXECUTE)

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Cache query (PREPARE/EXECUTE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > This is overly conservative.  It should be safe to destroy a plan tree
> > via freeObject() if it was created via copyObject() --- and that is
> > certainly how the plan would get into a permanent memory context.
> >

> I proposed the implementation of copyObject() which keeps the
> references among objects once before. It seems unnatural to me
> that such kind of implementation would never be allowed by this
> restriction.
>
> Why is memory context per plan bad ?
One context is more simple.
We talking about a *cache*. If exist interface for this cache andall operations are with copy/freeObject it not has
restriction.For how action it will restriction?

The PlanCacheMemoryContext will store space only, it isn't space for any action.

                    Karel Z.