How PG parser search (build-in) function?

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема How PG parser search (build-in) function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have a question... How PG parser select (build-in) function?
Check parser function's arguments datetypes only or check returns value
datetype too (for function searching in system cache ..etc)?

I have function to_number(text, text) this function returns numeric
datetype. Is possible (effective) write this function for more
datatypes than for numeric? The function is always "to_number(text, text)",
possible difference is in a returned datetype.

(The function extract number from formated string and this number
return, but how datetype we want return?)
                        Karel

PS. Sorry if my problem description is a litle mazy..

Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>              http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Docs:        http://docs.linux.cz                    (big docs archive)
Kim Project: http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/        (process manager)
FTP:         ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/        (C/ncurses/PgSQL)