replicator

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема replicator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I look at your (Philippe's) replicator, but I don't good understand
your replication concept.

   node1:  SQL --IPC--> node-broker                      |                     TCP/IP                      |
      master-node --IPC--> replikator                                        |   |   |
       libpq                                        |   |   |                                      node2 node..n

(Is it right picture?)

If I good understand, all nodes make connection to master node and data
replicate "replicator" on this master node. But it (master node) is very
critical space in this concept - If master node not work replication for
*all* nodes is lost. Hmm.. but I want use replication for high available
applications...

IMHO is problem with node registration / authentification on master node.
Why concept is not more upright? As:
SQL --IPC--> node-replicator        |  |  |          via libpq send data to all nodes with                    current
client/backendauth.

(not exist any master node, all nodes have connection to all nodes)

Use replicator as external proces and copy data from SQL to this replicator
via IPC is (your) very good idea.
                        Karel

Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>              http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Docs:        http://docs.linux.cz                    (big docs archive)
Kim Project: http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/        (process manager)
FTP:         ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/        (C/ncurses/PgSQL)