Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL) (fwd)

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL) (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all

Woops, sent this to scrappy instead of the list, sorry scrappy, here it is
for the list.

BTW, bye for awail, thank you all for such a great job.

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Jan...
>
>     Any way of coming up with a suitable Logo to replace what we have
> on the main screen?  Something tasteful that jumps out at you?  I like the
> one we do have, but I don't think its very "strong"?  How about it? :)

I've been thinking about that also, but am not very artistic so no good
ideas have come to mind.  However, one person (forget who) suggested a big
truck hauling a heavy load.  I did not really care for it, but forward
the idea any way.

Another idea, but I'm not sure how to implement it, I once seen an old
sci-fi movie where all knowledge known to man was keep in this big crystal,
all optical storage, crystals can be very pretty, but I'm not sure how to
show one storing data? lines of 1's and 0's reflecting around off the
inside walls?  maybe with streams coming out the points to connect to
computers all over the world to symbolize the multiuser aspect of
PostgreSQL? glowing fiber optic lines maybe?  Maybe with some people
grinding and polishing on the crystal to symbolize the developers?
Maybe the crystal floats in the sky?

Well, it may not be a great idea, but I through it out there as food for
thought and leave it to some one more artistically inclined then I to
implement it if they want.

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>               http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner                  I'm excited about life! How about YOU!?
Professional Web Hosting and site design to include programming
Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Only if you know where you're going can you get there.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] General Bug Report: Bug in optimizer
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] General Bug Report: Bug in optimizer