Re: [ADMIN] delete data

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема Re: [ADMIN] delete data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, hoelc wrote:

> Hello,
> can some one please tell me how to delete a table in a database and how
> to delete one row a data in a table, for a PostgreSQL database?
> Thank you very much.
> Regards...... lch
Sure, in psql:
drop table tablename;
delete from table tablename where ....what ever....

But what it sounds like you really need is to get/read the book
"The Practical SQL Handbook"  ISBN 0-201-44787-8
Mine is the 3rd edition, check if there is a newer one.

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>               http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner                  I'm excited about life! How about YOU!?
Professional Web Hosting and site design to include programming
Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Only if you know where you're going can you get there.