Can't 'or' things?

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема Can't 'or' things?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all

Am I going insane, I've been going around with this for a few hours now,
it could be lack of sleep:)

claimsnet=> select * from roster where state = 'TX' or state = 'SD';
Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.
[postgres@laptop ~]$

I can not seem to 'or' any char() field, int4 is OK. I've vacuum'ed with
and with out analyze, I've pg_dumped'ed, destroydb'ed and recreated the
database and reloaded, same thing.

To make matter even crazyer, it only happens with this one database,
others work fine.  AND it is doing this on 2 differant boxes, my laptop
and my server, both Red Hat 4.2 with PostgreSQL 6.4.

I just reloaded new data, so it must be the data, but what about the data
whould do that? Its only 1281 rows, so it's not like it's a lot of data.

I'm going to start splitting up the data and see if I can isolate it.

Thanks
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>          http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.4
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!