SPI function help needed.

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема SPI function help needed.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all  this relates to the 'tree type' posting.

I keep crashing the backend with:  pid = SPI_getvalue(rettuple, tupdesc, pid_index); /* get parent id */

I've checked pid_index via elog() and it is 2, there are 4 fields total.
And rettuple and tupdesc have been used several times earlyer in the code,
and worked fine.  So all veriables seem to be OK.

I am unclear if this requiers a SPI_connect() or not?
The SPI docs say that some functions do and some functions don't, but is
not clear about which do and don't.  In any event, I tried it both ways.

Except for this, I think the function I'm writing is finished.

Thanks, have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>          http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.4
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!