Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver

От Bruce Tong
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> >If I remember correctly, INNER JOIN is not yet supported in PostgreSQL,
> >which would explain the failure. Sorry to have accused the failure on the
> >ODBC driver. While some people's ignorance is bliss, mine thrashes. At
> >least now I know what a $#@!% INNER JOIN is. ;)
>
> Are you sure this is the cause of the problem? I have been able to perform
> INNER JOIN queries (and even outer joins) using Visual Basic 5.0 without
> problems even if pgsql doesn't support them. The undelrying Jet database
> engine performs the join using simpler queries. Things are pretty slow, but
> it works. As far as I know Access should use the same Jet database engine
> so things should be the same.

No, I'm not sure that is the problem. ;) That is essentially my guess
based on what I remember reading. A number of people have reported more
detailed explanations which are undoubtably more correct.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century