Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Compiling

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Compiling
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, llestat wrote:

> I can't seem to be able to compile the jdbc interface.  Every time I try
> I get errors referring to BigDecimal method redefined in postgresql.java
> >> java.math.....
>
> I am using the Java 1.1.5 port from Blackdown.org and I have run many
> different java apps with it.

This is the second time I've heared of a problem with 1.1.5 and
BigDecimal (the last time was May 20)

First, is check that you have not set CLASSPATH manually. This sometimes
causes problems.

Also, check that there hasn't been any problems reported with the version
of 1.1.5 you are using. I'm running 1.1.3v2 under linux without any
problems.

> Does anyone have an Idea as to what could be the problem I cant find a
> precompiled .Jar file.

[Correct me here if I'm wrong]

It was decided (mainly for the ODBC driver), that precompiled interfaces
shouldn't be in the source distribution.

If you are still having problems, I can email you a precompiled driver -
but as the problem is in the JDK, it won't solve your problem really.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk