Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 26 May 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> Peter T Mount <psqlhack@retep.org.uk> writes:
> > In libpq, this could be added to PQerrorMessage(). This could attempt to
> > get the native language error message from the DB, defaulting to either an
> > english one, or just the error code (it would be a bad problem in this
> > case).
>
> Um.  libpq has its own error messages that it can generate --- the most
> obvious ones being those about "failed to connect to postmaster"
> and "lost connection to backend".  How is it supposed to get a localized
> equivalent message from the server in cases like that?
>
> Bear in mind that libpq may be executing on a remote machine, so
> "have it read the error message file directly" is not a usable answer.

I'd think these would be ones where the current messages wouldn't be
translated, simply because translation is not possible at those points.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk