Re: Problem with JDBC interface in Postgresql-6.3

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Problem with JDBC interface in Postgresql-6.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ I'm forwarding this to the hackers list, as this looks like a problem in
the backend ]

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Uri Blumenthal wrote:

> > I've tried to reproduce this, but it's not failing.
>
> Lucky you are...
>
> > This sounds like the backend dying while in the middle of the fastpath
> > call. If you run the backend with debugging enabled, does anything appear
> > when this fault occurs?
>
> You bet. Here's the output of "-d 3 -o /tmp/pgsql.log":
>
> NOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean) conventions
> NOTICE:  buffer leak [77] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()
> NOTICE:  buffer leak [77] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()
> NOTICE:  buffer leak [77] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()
> NOTICE:  buffer leak [77] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()
> Failed Assertion("!(BufferIsValid(buffer)):", File: "bufmgr.c", Line: 1294)
> !(BufferIsValid(buffer)) (0) [No such file or directory]

Uri, what platform are you running the backend? This looks like something
serious is going wrong here...

> And here's the Java dump:

[ dump snipped - it's just confirming the above ]

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder