Re: Finding bottleneck

От Kari Lavikka
Тема Re: Finding bottleneck
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi!

Oprofile looks quite interesting. I'm not very familiar with postgresql
internals, but here's some report output:

CPU: AMD64 processors, speed 2190.23 MHz (estimated)
Counted CPU_CLK_UNHALTED events (Cycles outside of halt state) with a unit
mask of 0x00 (No unit mask) count 100000
samples  %        symbol name
13513390 16.0074  AtEOXact_CatCache
4492257   5.3213  StrategyGetBuffer
2279285   2.6999  AllocSetAlloc
2121509   2.5130  LWLockAcquire
2023574   2.3970  hash_seq_search
1971358   2.3352  nocachegetattr
1837168   2.1762  GetSnapshotData
1793693   2.1247  SearchCatCache
1777385   2.1054  hash_search
1460804   1.7304  ExecMakeFunctionResultNoSets
1360930   1.6121  _bt_compare
1344604   1.5928  yyparse
1318407   1.5617  LWLockRelease
1290814   1.5290  FunctionCall2
1137544   1.3475  ExecEvalVar
1102236   1.3057  hash_any
912677    1.0811  OpernameGetCandidates
877993    1.0400  ReadBufferInternal
783908    0.9286  TransactionIdPrecedes
772886    0.9155  MemoryContextAllocZeroAligned
679768    0.8052  StrategyBufferLookup
609339    0.7218  equal
600584    0.7114  PGSemaphoreLock

And btw, I tried to strace lingering queries under different loads. When
number of concurrent queries increases, lseek and read syscalls stay
within quite constant limits but number of semop calls quadruples.

Are there some buffer locking issues?

     |\__/|
     ( oo )    Kari Lavikka - tuner@bdb.fi - (050) 380 3808
       ""