Re: Interfaces that support cursors

От Jonathan Bartlett
Тема Re: Interfaces that support cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Ok, I did see the autocommit flag setting in DBD:Pg when I starting reading up
> on the DBI/DBD interfacing methods so I guess I could recode for that.  However,
> how do you "maintain" the current transaction open if your script is writing
> pages to the web.  Even in mod_perl I think that there is a commit after the
> script ends, no?

Be careful you don't waste resources by leaving transactions open forever!

You can use something like PersistentPerl to make sure the script doesn't
terminate, but to get the behavior you're looking for you could only have
one script open at a time.  You could also do master/worker scripts
communicating through sockets to keep the transaction open.

Jon