Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?

От Jonathan Bartlett
Тема Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Two possiblities I might try:

1) a view:

create view foo as select * from x order by y limit WHATEVER;

Then, periodically do a physical cleaning of the table.

2) Fake records

Have an extra field, a boolean, called "fake".  Create a view which
removes the fakes.  Initialize the table with however many fakes you need.
Have a date_inserted field, and simply remove the last entered record for
every insert.  Then create a view which filters out the fakes.

Jon