Re: PostgreSQL alternative to "Oracle Real Application

От Jonathan Bartlett
Тема Re: PostgreSQL alternative to "Oracle Real Application
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What (exact, if possible) version of Oracle?

My guess would be 8, but I'm not positive.  I'm pretty sure they hadn't
upgraded to 9 yet, and they may have been back as far as 7 - yes, I'm
aware that's a pretty wide window.  Anyway, they were using an
Oracle/Weblogic combo, and it didn't work as smoothly as they wanted it
to :)

Anyway, I know this discussion was on Oracle 9, but I just wanted to throw
out that the vendors use hype more than reality, and the chances that they
have something that is terribly better than what you could cook up at home
is remote.  That's _why_ they don't publish the details.  If you knew the
details, you wouldn't be nearly as excited.

Jon