Re: Optimizer failure on integer column?

От Jonathan Bartlett
Тема Re: Optimizer failure on integer column?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is it an int8 column?  If it is, you have to cast all raw numbers to
int8, or the optimizer won't catch that it can use the index.

For example, in perl

$dbh->prepare("select * from mytable where myinteger = ?::int8");

will be able to use the optimizer.

Jon