Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql

От larry a price
Тема Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 May 2001, Al Frick wrote:

> Which operating system should I use for a Postgresql server?

You should probably use something you know well, at least at first.

> Linux?  Which version?

Debian is a reasonable choice if you're going to go the linux route, so is
redhat, use slackware only if you want to learn rather a lot about linux
internals, the *bsd operating systems are also strong and reliable.

> I do database work for several medium size companies.  They have about
> 100 users per company.  One has 3 different locations.  All woul dlike
> to put some data on the internet, both publish and input from the
> internet.
>
> Is there anywhere that discusses configurations for postgresql?

http://www.techdocs.postgresql.org

good luck

От: "Alex"
Сообщение: debian packages for Postgresql 7.1 or higher ?
От: "Craig Orsinger"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO OpenServer Enterprise not working with UDP