Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

>> "." is on the long list of characters to be escaped I sent out earlier.
>
> I tried escaping the '.' but it didn't change the behaviour.

I did try that specific exapmle in Trac and it worked fine for me.  Using
your test rig (which you gave the wrong URL to:
http://www.druid.net/darcy/rest.py ), I see this:

I. Test        ->    1. Test
I\. Test    ->    I. Test

Which I think suggests escaping the period does what I was
expecting--stops the conversion into an enumeration.  Which may not matter
anyway because...

> However, if you just add the backslash it won't work because the table
> will be malformed.

Right, in order for escaping everything to work, you need to escape the
text first, then figure out the table width lest it be malformed. I knew
that but didn't think through that it's no longer just a simple escaping
change at that point.