Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not sure if you've thought about this, but there is also a
> difference between max_connections and maximum LIKELY connections.

It's actually an implicit assumption of the model Josh threw out if you
stare at the numbers.  The settings for work_mem are twice as high per
connection in the Web+OLTP application cases, based on the assumption that
you're just not going to get everybody doing sorting at once in those
situations.  I toyed with exposing that as an explicit "connection load
duty factor", then remembered I was trying to deliver something rather
than tweak the parameters forever.  It may be a bit too aggressive as
written right now in those cases.

Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard