Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> And I'd suggest you use wxPython for GUI part if you want a relatively
> modern look.

wxPython is GPL licensed and not popular enough to be available on a lot
of systems already.  I've spent enough time fighting with installing
wxWidgets (for pgAdmin) to know that I really don't want to push that
install onto end-users, and due to the license it's impractical to just
bundle in some situations.

There's no need for a fancy look here anyway, the only one I ever
envisioned was a simple grid showing the recommendations the user could
update before accepting.  In general here, if it doesn't ship with the
stock Python, there would have to be a really, really compelling reason to
use any external library that adds more dependencies.