Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, James Mansion wrote:

> Most spinning disks now are nearer to 100MB/s streaming.  You've talked
> yourself into twice that, random access!

The point I was trying to make there is that even under impossibly optimal
circumstances, you'd be hard pressed to blow out the disk's read cache
with seek-dominated data even if you read a lot at each seek point.  That
idea didn't make it from my head into writing very well though.