Re: Index creation and maintenance_work_mem

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Index creation and maintenance_work_mem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Besides maintenance_work_mem, what else can be changed to improve index
> creation?

Very large values there haven't been all that helpful for me.  I've gotten
better results in this area giving more of the unused memory to
shared_buffers (which you didn't mention your setting for) rather than
having a gigantic setting for maintenance_work_mem.  Last time I went
through a similar exercise to yours, but with a much larger data set, I
ran a baseline test at maintenance_work_mem=64MB and larger values didn't
seem to improve anything significantly over that.