Re: recovery do not finish

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: recovery do not finish
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Benedek Laszlo wrote:

> We have waited for more than 2 hours, but psql still says that the system is starting up.

In addition to the suggestions you've gotten to try a later version
instead, I'd add that you should consider running vmstat in another window
while the recovery is going on.  Recovery should show a steady flow of
data moving to and from disk with a fair amount of CPU usage.  If that
stops for a while, it's probably stuck because of a recovery bug or some
other issue, rather than still processing such that you should wait for
it.

Сообщение: Re: Default fill factor for tables?
Сообщение: Re: Default fill factor for tables?