Re: Backup causing poor performance - suggestions

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Backup causing poor performance - suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 5 May 2008, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Other than that, you might wanna look at a faster / better RAID
> controller in the future.  One with lots of battery backed cache set to
> write back.

Hopefully Lance's PERC 6/I SAS already has its battery installed.  The 6/I
with 256MB of cache is decent enough that I'm not sure getting a better
controller would be a better investment than, say, adding more disks and
splitting the database I/O usefully among them.

Upgrading to PG 8.3 comes to mind as another option I'd consider before
getting desparate enough to add/swap controller cards, which is always a
scary thing on production servers.

Сообщение: Re: Backup causing poor performance - suggestions
Сообщение: Re: Backup causing poor performance - suggestions