Re: Commitfest patches

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Commitfest patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I described which interfaces worked on Linux and Solaris based on empirical
> tests. I posted source code for synthetic benchmarks so we could test it on a
> wide range of hardware. I posted graphs based on empirical results.

Is it possible to post whatever script that generates the graph (gnuplot?)
so people can compare the results they get to yours?  It's when I realized
I didn't have that and would have to recreate one myself that my intention
to just run some quick results and ship them to you lost momentum and I
never circled back to it.  It would be nice if you made it easier for
people to generate fancy results here as immediate gratification for them
(while of course just asking them to send the raw data).

I can run some tests on smaller Linux/Solaris systems to see if they don't
show a regression, that was my main concern about this experiment.  Some
of the discussion that followed your original request for tests was kind
of confusing as far as how to interpret the results as well; I think I
know what to look for but certainly wouldn't mind some more guidance
there, too.