Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add: > o Add SQLSTATE severity to PGconn return status > >

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add: > o Add SQLSTATE severity to PGconn return status > >
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Greg Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> How about we move it to the wiki. AFAIK we can still lock it down to who
>> can edit it if we want to
>
> You should confirm you can get the editing granularity you want before making
> too many plans here if this is important.  The features for locking down
> things in Mediawiki are very limited.

Will answer my own question now:  the main useful protection available
here is Mediawiki's "full protection", which makes pages so they can only
be edited by users with sysops privledges.  So in order to make a
protected page that, say, mainly Bruce was allowed to edit, he'd have to
be elevated to a sysops account.  This would also give him broader powers
over the Wiki at large, which presumably the current sysopts would be OK
with.  And anybody else who was a sysop could do what they wanted to that
page as well.

Basically there's one relevant level of protection, and you get one group
of sysops who can edit any protected page and have access to some other
admin features; that's it as far as how finely you can break things down
as I understand it.