Re: 8.3RC2 vs 8.2.6 testing results

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: 8.3RC2 vs 8.2.6 testing results
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> I speculate that you're noticing the slightly slower/more complicated
> hash function that 8.3 uses for integers.

There was a similar slowdown in the Clodaldo case you tracked down
recently.  Is it worth considering an addition to the release notes
warning about this class of problem?  If there have been two of them so
far just in the beta I wonder how many people are going to run into some
variant of this in the future.

Сообщение: Re: 8.3RC2 vs 8.2.6 testing results
Сообщение: Re: 8.3RC2 vs 8.2.6 testing results