Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I would note that if you track through the other results that we indeed beat
> MySQL ;)

There's just enough hardware differences between the two configurations
that it's not quite a fair fight.  For example, the MySQL test had 10K RPM
drives in the database server storage array, while the PostgreSQL one had
15K RPM ones.  A few other small differences as well if you dig into the
configurations, all of which I noted favored the PG system.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark