Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

> Do you need to increase shared_buffers in such case?

If you have something going wild creating dirty buffers with a high usage
count faster than they are being written to disk, increasing the size of
the shared_buffers cache can just make the problem worse--now you have an
ever bigger pile of dirty mess to shovel at checkpoint time.  The existing
background writers are particularly unsuited to helping out in this
situation, I think the new planned implementation will be much better.

Сообщение: Re: self defined data type "with limit"?
Сообщение: Re: self defined data type "with limit"?