Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

> It might be good to use statistics information about buffer usage to
> modify X runtime.

I have a complete set of working code that tracks buffer usage statistics
as the background writer scans, so that it has an idea what % of the
buffer cache is dirty, how many pages have each of the various usage
counts, that sort of thing.  The problem was that the existing BGW
mechanisms were so clumsy and inefficient that giving them more
information didn't make them usefully smarter.  I'll revive that code
again if it looks like it may help here.

Сообщение: Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong
Сообщение: Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong