Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 17 May 2007, Robert Treat wrote:

> And really should probably be written up into FAQ section or a full on guide
> for "how do i get started hacking on postgresql?"

To be clear here:  while there are guides for new hackers out there, they
focus on the big picture.  I walked from those with a good idea of how the
major pieces fit together and was able to navigate the source code.  It
was the little details of how to actually work with the code and the
repository that were the biggest drag on my progress.

I used to wonder if it was just me, but watching the discussion that went
along with the "OS/X startup scripts" thread recently made me realize how
many other people struggle(d) with this as well.