Re: Benchmarking tools for the Postgres, EDB and Oracle Database

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Benchmarking tools for the Postgres, EDB and Oracle Database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> - JDBCBench (http://developer.mimer.com/features/feature_16.htm)

I wouldn't recommend this one unless you've got plenty of time to debug it
and validate the results.  There are multiple errors in the random number
generation code, some other bugs I forget the details of right now, and
the coding on some of the later "optimizations" they throw in are written
so badly they end up degrading performance with PostgreSQL.

You can find a better version of the random ID functions in the version of
JDBCBench included in HSQL, http://hsqldb.org/ That's missing some useful
features Mimer added though, and the HSQL version comes with a funky
license.  Their version is by no means bug-free either.