Re: fts error

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: fts error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, marcelo Cortez wrote:

> hi folks
>
>  the follow script fail
>
>  select to_tsquery('hello world ');
> -> ERROR:  syntax error
> how to catch this error, any clue?

by definition :)
read http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/tsearch-v2-intro

Lets attempt to use the function with a string of multiple words:

         SELECT to_tsquery('default', 'this is many words');

         ERROR:  Syntax error

The function can not accept a space separated string. The intention of the
to_tsquery function is to return a type of "tsquery" used for searching a tsvector field. What we need to do is search
forone to many words with some kind of logic (for now simple boolean).

> best regards
>  mdc

> Correo Yahoo!
> Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ?gratis!
> ?Abr? tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83