Re: Fixing r-tree semantics

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Fixing r-tree semantics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> both directions (X and Y) for 1-D inquiries.  The same problems exist in
> the contrib/rtree_gist implementation, because it just copied the r-tree
> logic without inquiring too closely into it :-(

you're right, it was the beginning of our GiST experiments. Later we were
interested in split algorithm and we never actually used rtree because we
have used pg_sphere for working with spherical data. Glad to see
you fixed these longstanding problem ! Does it means we could expect
rtree_gist opclasses moved to core ?

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83