Re: OpenFTS

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: OpenFTS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dan,

how large is your database ? OpenFTS is what you need because it supports
instant indexing and have access to metadata. I heard about some
large archives up to 10 mln documents, which use OpenFTS. Proper tuning
of database setup in general and OpenFTS is required. In case you want
commercial support you ask me in private mail.

Oleg
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Dan Feiveson wrote:

> Hoping someone can provide feedback on integrating OpenFTS into Postgres.
>
> I am running pg 7.3.4 and have a large database of articles that are constantly changing ( being added, updated,
removed).I want to perform key word searches across these articles, ranked by relevance and have looked at a number of
solutions,including swish-e and ht://dig, but OpenFTS looks like an great solution -- if it works well.

> Is anybody using OpenFTS with their pg db and if so how does it perform? Did you encounter any problems installing?
Anydrawbacks?

> Many thanks to anyone with the time to respond,
>
> Dan
>
> Dan Feiveson
> Broomfield, Colorado

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Update aborted if trigger function fails?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Getting the output of a function used in a where clause