Re: postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Pritesh Shah wrote:

> I understand that this is due to the following:
>
> libpostgis.so.8.0 is now liblwgeom.so.1.0 and also
>
> histogram2d_in  is now  lwhistogram2d_in
> histogram2d_out is now lwhistogram2d_out and so on.
>
> Now my problem is there are a lot of databases that use the postgis
> stuff (like the histogram2d_in) which has changed from the older
> version to the newer version. What do i do to overcome this problem??
> Can somebody help me out with this??

if these functions are internal POSGIS api, you need to remove all defintions
come from posgis.sql (match version !) from you dump, then
1. createdb dbname
2. psql dbname < posgis.sql (new version)
3. psql dbname < your_dump.sql

if these functions are part of external api, you're out of luck, you should
do search/replace in your dump, probably checking arguments.

> Cheers,
> Pritesh

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83