Re: Postgres + Xapian (was Re: fulltext searching via a

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Postgres + Xapian (was Re: fulltext searching via a
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > I think one way of attacking the problem would be using the existing
> > nbtree by allowing it to store the five btrees.  First read the README
> > in the nbtree dir, and then poke at the metapage's only structure.  You
> > will see that it has a BlockNumber to the root page of the index.  Try
> > modifying that to make it have a BlockNumber to every index's root page.
> > You will have to provide ways to access each root page and maybe other
> > nonstandard things (such as telling the root split operation what root
> > page are you going to split), but you will get recovery and concurrency
> > (at least to a point) for free.
>
> Why not write it using the GiST interface - that is after all the entire
> point of GiST...

I think this would be the best approach, we have already btree_gist which
is a gist realization of btree. We started working on concurrency and recovery
for GiST and hope to get it working for 7.5. Another work we'd like to
work is extending of GiST interface, so other important ADT's like digital
trees, quad-tree, s-tree etc could be implemented. But we decided to get
concurrency and recovery works at first.

> Chris

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83