Re: tsearch V2 (Was: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze)

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: tsearch V2 (Was: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > Why part of the core distribution, and not just left as a loadable module,
> > like it is now?
>
> The day I can go 'CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ...' just like MySQL can I will be a
> very happy chappy...

with new tserach v2 we're pretty close to that day. we need more testing,
more suggestions and more documentation. There are several issues remains,
mostly with core GiST not tsearch. The most important is concurrency support !
We've several times planned to work on it, but real life  is rather complex
thing :(

> Chris

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83