Re: Management tool support and scalibility

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Management tool support and scalibility
Дата
Re: Management tool support and scalibility  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 Feb 2002, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 18:25, Kevin wrote:
> >
> > E.g., Oracle 8i had a very nice management console (and from the glimpse
> > of 9i I got, it's even better).  You could look at things like database
> > schemas via a tree view, database physical layouts, user information,
> > and connection information.  (I don't have it in front of me at the
> > moment, so I'm sure there is more.)  In particular I was very interested
> > in the ability to view not only what query a connection was doing, but
> > which operations it did that took a long time to process (full table
> > scans, etc), which one it is working on now, and how long that one will
> > take.  I know a while ago someone was working on a way to get similar
> > kinds of information by attaching to the backends via gdb or something
> > equally dangerous/hackish/error-prone.  When would such an ability be
> > put into the system itself?  (I believe Oracle does it through system
> > tables, which I would think might be good for PostgreSQL, as it would be
> > hard, and slow, to query each backend every time.)
>
> I believe that TOra is starting to have support for PostgreSQL now,
> although I haven't managed to get it working for myself yet :-)

does it require KDE/Gnome stuff ?

> Some of the guys in our office use it for Oracle management and seem to
> think pretty highly of it.  I know it supports MySQL  as well - can't
> wait until the PostgreSQL support is fully available.
>
> Regards,
>                     Andrew.

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

От: Andrew McMillan
Сообщение: Re: Management tool support and scalibility
От: Andrew McMillan
Сообщение: Re: Management tool support and scalibility