Re: Fuzzy matching?

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Fuzzy matching?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have C-codes which implement Levenstein Distance Algorithms
Here is a header for soe info:

// Levenstein Distance Algorithms Module
//
// Contains functions to do "Inexact Alphanumeric Comparisons".  The original
// concept for this code came from "The C Users Journal", May 1991, starting
// on page 127.  The author was Hans Z. Zwakenberg.
//
// These routines have been modified so they do not need to use double
// subscripted arrays in the CUJ code.  An additional function was created to
// "look up" a word from a list, returning the most likely matches.
//
// Written initailly by R. Bruce Roberts, MCI Systems Engineering, 1/7/93
// Compiled with Borland C++, V3.1
//

It's compiled and works well. Don't know about license but it's published
and it's possible to ask author directly

zen:~/app/algo/dist/ldist$ ./test simple sample
Returns 'Levenstein Distance' of two strings on command line.
Determining Distance for simple and sample.
Length is limited to 40 characters.
Words are alike, L Distance is 1, Threshold was 3.

PLease let me know if you need it. I thought about implementing the
same feature as Google has into our OpenFTS search
Regards,
    Oleg
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > I'm quite interested, myself.  How difficult is it for somebody that
> > doesn't program C to attach a function from the Contrib directory?
>
> Run the install script.
>
> > If it's not very difficult, then I'd recommend putting metaphone in
> > /contrib, and levenstein in the backend.  My reasoning is that
> > levenstein is useful for all roman alphabets, but metaphone is not so
> > useful for non-english versions of postgres.
>
> Our usual practice with stuff of uncertain usefulness has been to stick
> it in contrib for awhile and see if anyone uses it.  If there's
> sufficient interest, we'll promote it to mainstream in a future release.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: where'd the spaces come from
Сообщение: Re: where'd the spaces come from