Re: Re: FAQ: Current state of replication ?

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Re: FAQ: Current state of replication ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I found interesting paper http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/330257.html
"Don't be lazy, be consistent: Postgres-R, A new way to implement Database Replication"

Abstract:
Database designers often point out that eager, update everywhere replication suffers from
high deadlock rates, message overhead and poor response times. In this paper, we show that these
limitations can be circumvented by using a combination of known and novel techniques. Moreover, we
show how the proposed solution can be incorporated into a real database system. The paper discusses
the new protocols and their implementation in PostgreSQL. It also provides experimental results proving that many of
thedangers and limitations of

replication can be avoided by using the appropriate techniques. 1 Introduction Existing replication protocols can be
dividedinto eager and lazy

Regards,
    Oleg