Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: grant privileges to a database [URGENT]

От Kovacs Baldvin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: grant privileges to a database [URGENT]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

A few weeks ago I was interested in this question. My results were:
- Yes, this is a sorrowful but true fact that if you enable access to
  someone to a database, she is automatically enabled to create
  objects in it.
- Yes, the developers know it, and they said: there is a patch existing
  to workaround it.
- No, they don't include it in 7.1. The reason: if you use that patch,
  pg_dumpall will not work. If somebody will have the strength in
  him to fix it, than it will be considered to include it in the base.

After collecting these informations from more experienced people,
I calmed down. Since I am in the beginning of creating my project,
I think for the time when I will need it, it will be ready.

Anyway, I do not know where this patch is. If you don't bother
about pg_dumpall, ask a developer (a am only a wannabe developer)
about it.

If anyone detects that I wrote silly things, please do correct me.

Bye,
Baldvin