stuck spinlock

От Lori Allen
Тема stuck spinlock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello hackers,

I'm sorry to clutter email but I've been delving into mail archives enough
to know that a stuck spinlock is a problem but I haven't been able to
determine what the solution is.

I'm running postgresql 6.5 beta 1 on WindowsNT4.0 under the Cygwin
environment.  I've actually tried this on two different machines with two
different results.  Since this is under a Cygwin environment I realize
this could very well be a cygwin problem but since I'm having an error
message similar to what I found in the archives I thought I would try
here first.

----------------------------------
On a Dell notebook with 96MB of memory things seem to be okay but I do get
the following error message:

Error semaphore semaphore not equal 0

----------------------------------
On a generic Intel-based PC with 96MB of memory I get this error:

FATAL: s_lock(14190065) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

I'm not very intimate with database code so I'm not sure if the semaphore
error will give me problems down the road.  Right now it prints the error
message out about 4 times but keeps on going with the test case I have.

I can't get beyond the spin lock problem on the other machine.

I'm not sure why I get two different behaviors on the two machines.  I've
diff'ed all the configure and compilation outputs and everything seems to
be the same on these machines so I'm guessing this might be a system
resource problem.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lori Allen

Lori Allen
System Administrator